The board of directors, presided by the Prime Minister or the intergovernmental authority delegated by him for this purpose, made up, in addition to the state representatives, of:
- The Permanent Secretary of Hassan II Academy of Sciences and Technologies or his representative;
- The President of the National Committee of Higher Education Coordination or his representative;
- The President of the Supreme Council of Education, Training and Scientific Research or his representative;
- A representative of establishments not affiliated to Universities;
- A representative of Private Higher Education;
- Two former presidents of universities affiliated to public higher education;
- Four members known for their Scientific and Technical Competencies;
- A representative elected among and the staff of the agency.
The president of the board of directors can invite to the meetings of the council, on an advisory basis, any individual or business from public or private sectors, whose presence is deemed appropriate and when the need may require.